01 02 03 Seven Little Australians Living and Learning: Week 4, Term 3, 2007 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Week 4, Term 3, 2007

34
Looking back over the past eighteen months or so I have realised that I have been suffering a minor case of burnout. My enthusiasm has been very low and easily squashed, in a nuthell I have been uninspired by hsing and to me that is important. A good deal has been lifted by sharing with the special ladies at 4Real and dh has been supportive. Dh and I have sat down and looked at what are some of the problem areas contributing to this. The biggest issue is discipline. By the time I put up with all the nonsense from the boys and M I am exhausted, mostly I just manage to get by with the basics and that in itself depresses me as I like to have a read aloud, and I enjoy it when we have some creative arts happening as well.

This week I have cracked down and dealt with discipline immediately:) The week has been much better and I have even had energy left to do read alouds:):) In 4 days we have read 'Misty of Chincoteague'!! On Monday we did cooking and on Tuesday we went for a Nature Walk. I am hoping to do our craft this afternoon (Wednesday).

I have also been reading the 'Well Trained Mind' and realised that we need to re-visit drill. Every morning we have been reciting the times tables and the phonics chart. We have also been using a form of phonetic spelling. I am determined that we learn the spelling rules, we do a rule a day and then find words to accompany in the dictionary. This is going well.

I am mainly homing in on Attitude and Application, I can finally see that the children are learning. I am not too certain of what C is doing, I'm sure that she could be doing more, some days she is great others she doesn't hit the workbooks as much, she always reads however. lol. M and M are steadily improving, I have to say that Mariah is actually a better reader than Malachi.

We have also continued focusing on writing and in fact I have upped the expectation, dc are coping with this. I have managed to get some of the boys' stories completed and printed.

We have picked up St Patrick's Summer again and Dominic makes his Confirmation in 5 weeks!!!Yikes, I am not too confident there but I am more so than I was.

We are also trying a project based focus with our unit topics, the children have started building an Indian village.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38